Top Picks

Are You Ok?

1

This blog is more than just a hobby for me, it is a motivator. It helps me find the motivation to do something that I enjoy and combines my loves of whisky and writing, into achievable blocks. For someone with depression, finding motivation can be difficult; even for simplest things like getting up in the morning or eating well. Depression can also be a barrier to doing the things you really love. I hope this blog will help me get through that barrier.

Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Asking for help is a sign of strength 

I am not a doctor or a therapist, but I can comment on my own experience. My family went through some rough times and being a man, I took it on myself to remain strong. I am not entirely sure when I became depressed but I think I denied and tried to hide it for at least two years. My GP had asked me if I was ok and I had become so used to saying I was ‘good’ that it was an automatic response. When my mood and inability to control my emotions began to impact on my family, I knew it was time to get help. I went to see my GP and this time I did ask for help. That day was the first day on the long road to becoming well again.

If you feel like you are not the same person you used to be or if anything about your behaviour scares you or those you love – ask for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Asking for help is a sign of strength.

Who can help?

If you are thinking about hurting yourself or someone else, do not wait, tell someone now.

Lifeline (in Australia)
Visit https://www.lifeline.org.au/ or Call 13 11 14

Your Doctor
Make an appointment with your local GP and they can tell you the best advice for your specific situation.

For more information about mental health for men or mental health in general, you can visit the website below:

Beyondblue


1 Response to "Are You Ok?"

  1. Find the Best Alcohol Addiction Doctors in Delhi, Dr. Sablok is an Alcohol Addiction Doctor in India who treats with herbal medicines

    ReplyDelete
Add Comment

Powered by Blogger.